Irish Gazette

Homecoming, A Success!

Taylor Sutton, Olivia Pemberton, Contributor

A little rain can’t stop the Rosemount Irish from winning their Homecoming

Game against Lakeville South. Senior Max Carter passed to Junior Johnathan Mann in the first quarter for an outstanding touchdown. After getting 31 points in the first half, they held the Cougars with a great defense leaving them 31-0 in the first half. In the second half of the game Senior Evan Geiwitz had a great interception. The Cougars started to bounce back in the second half leaving the final score of the game 31-15. Quarterback Max Carter played a great game leading the Irish to a great homecoming victory.

Super fun!” “I liked it.” “A success!” Were comments heard at the

homecoming dance on Friday, October 5th. The dance took place at 9 pm after the football game in the student center. Upon walking in, students were greeted with 80s movie posters, loud music, and lots of neon clothes. Students loved the 80s theme. “It was very clever,” said Rachel Olinger. “I liked the 80s theme,” said Sam Brubaker. “It was a fun way to dress up,” Olivia Beyers told us. There were mixed reviews about the music. “I love the music,” Rachel said. “I wish they played more 80s music,” John Neithercott reported. To get away from everything, students could go outside to the courtyard and race through an inflatable course or talk with their friends. Overall, everyone had a great time. “I had fun,” Sam told us. “Homecoming was a success,” John said. “It was a great first homecoming,” Olivia stated.

Homecoming, A Success!